Click on a beer glass for more information
The origins of Waitzinger Bräu AG date back to 1740 when it was know as the Electral brewery in Miesbach. The Waitzinger family took over the brewery in 1810/11 and gave it its name. The brewery was taken over by Paulaner in 1927/28 and it was renamed Kurfürstlich Bayerischer Brauhaus in 1965. The brewery was the largest private brewery in upper Bavaria until its closure in 1977.
Some of the Brewery's Range
Märzen Bier -
Over the years the brand identity is updated and re-launched with subtle changes, a change of Logo or a new font.
Sometimes this brand update is done by the new owners after a brewery has been sold, other times just to give the brand a fresh new look on the ever growing market.
Below are some notes to help identify some of these changes and an aid to reference the year of the glass.