Click on a beer glass for more information
The Schloßbrauerei (Castle Brewery) is located in Schwalmtal-Waldniel. It was registered on May 1, 1880, by Heinrich Leven as "Bayerische Exportbierbrauerei Heinrich Leven". However brewing on the site is several years older than this date. Most of the brewery's historic documents have been lost during times of war, however a register of fire insurance from 1858 indicated the construction of a new brewery on the old brewery site.
Some of the Brewery's Range
Schloßbräu Caramel -
Schloßbräu Pils -
Over the years the brand identity is updated and re-launched with subtle changes, a change of Logo or a new font.
Sometimes this brand update is done by the new owners after a brewery has been sold, other times just to give the brand a fresh new look on the ever growing market.
Below are some notes to help identify some of these changes and an aid to reference the year of the glass.