Click on a beer glass for more information
The Charmes brewery is a former Lorraine brewery located in Charmes in the Vosges that was founded in 1864. In 1936 the Charmes brewery passed a manufacturing agreement with a German brewer (Dr. Hans Kanter) and launched Kanterbräu beer (Known than as just KB). In 1966 the Charmes brewery became part of the European Brewing Company and was closed in 1971 with the production of Kanterbräu being transferred to the Champigneulles brewery.
In 1986 the Champigneulles brewery merged with Kronenbourg who sold the Champigneulles brewery in 2006 but kept the Kanterbräu brand.
Some of the Brewery's Range
Kanterbräu - Launched in 1936
Kanterbräu Gold - Launched in 1977 it was renamed 1664 Gold in 2009
Over the years the brand identity is updated and re-launched with subtle changes, a change of Logo or a new font.
Sometimes this brand update is done by the new owners after a brewery has been sold, other times just to give the brand a fresh new look on the ever growing market.
Below are some notes to help identify some of these changes and an aid to reference the year of the glass.
(Pre 1992 Shown)