Click on a beer glass for more information
The Murphy's Brewery was a brewery founded in Cork, Ireland in 1856 by James Jeremiah Murphy. It was known as Lady's Well Brewery until it was purchased by Heineken International in 1983, when the name changed to Murphy Brewery Ireland Ltd.
Some of the Brewery's Range
Murphy's Stout - Launched on draught in the UK in 1989 and in cans in 1992.
Murphy's Irish Red - Launched in 1983
Over the years the brand identity is updated and re-launched with subtle changes, a change of Logo or a new font.
Sometimes this brand update is done by the new owners after a brewery has been sold, other times just to give the brand a fresh new look on the ever growing market.
Below are some notes to help identify some of these changes and an aid to reference the year of the glass.
2000 to Date