Click on a beer glass for more information
De Gouden Boom brewery was situated in the city of Bruges Belgium since 1983 before then it was know as Brouwerij't Hamerken since 1889. In 1985 Brouwerij De Gouden Boom was granted a licence to brew the Steenbrugge abbey beers. On 16 November 2001, PALM brewery acquired a majority interest and Palm Breweries took over De Gouden Boom brewery in full in 2004 moving beer production from Bruges to the Palm brewery in Steenhuffel. Palm Breweries sold the buildings to a property development company in 2006.
Some of the Brewery's Range
Bruges' Tripel - From 1987 to 2004 when Palm brewery Closed the brewery and changed the name to Brugge Tripel
Brugge Tripel - Since 2004
Steenbrugge Abdij Bock -
Steenbrugge Tripel -
Brugs Witbier - Since 1983. In 2000 Alken-Maes bought the brand name but still display the De Gouden Boom brewery logo.
Over the years the brand identity is updated and re-launched with subtle changes, a change of Logo or a new font.
Sometimes this brand update is done by the new owners after a brewery has been sold, other times just to give the brand a fresh new look on the ever growing market.
Below are some notes to help identify some of these changes and an aid to reference the year of the glass.